you can play along at home - beaded challenges for you to follow

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Celtic Amulet



Well, I think I'm finished = ) I couldn't decide what kind of fringe to add, and I thought maybe I'd like it better without it. I'm open to suggestions, and if I see a good idea I'll use it. The bag features a square-stitched Celtic symbol, and the colors are reversed to create the back. For the strap, I used the colors randomly. First I stitched a long ladder chain, and then added picots to each side. Most of my work has balance, so I like the "asymetricalness" of this piece. Does anyone else make up words to descibe their work? Thanks for looking and comments are appreciated!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liberty said...

Too cute for words! I especially love the colors. Thanks for sharing your work, it's great to see how others have interpreted this challenge and run with it.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger beadbabe49 said...

I like the colors too and the pattern...my rules (for myself) about fringe is either do a ton of it or none...I don't like the look of wimpy fringe...

8:09 AM

 
Blogger redthread said...

I really enjoy this, the strap is a really nice balance to the item. Nice work!

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Mandi said...

That's a great philosophy beadbabe = )
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home