you can play along at home - beaded challenges for you to follow

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pattern Blahs


I am not feeling so into my graph lately, and I've been plenty rushed in non-beading life lately, so I really haven't given this the kind of time I'd like till today.

I've been thinking more and more about the jewelry here and the patterns in the Scandinavian pottery that inspire her. I enjoy the aesthetic and it's not one I've really explored at all in my own work, so I thought maybe it would be fun to riff on some of the found pottery patterns in beadwork. I even had a tube of matte white seed beads that has been going nowhere for the longest time.

Challenges really teach you what kind of beader you are and what kind of beader you are not.

I am:

not the most organized
not the most mathematical
and hopeless with a chart

Even if I draw the chart, I find that I wind up tweaking it, making repeat motifs out of certain elements, playing around way too much.

This image will make sense in light of that statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home