you can play along at home - beaded challenges for you to follow

Thursday, September 28, 2006

September "Trash to Treasure" Challenge

This wasn't my original plan for this month's bead-a-long, it just worked out that way:



I have another piece I'm also working on that was my original plan for this bead-a-long. While working my piece for the 2nd Annual Face Brooch Swap however, this face cab kept jumping out at me. It's one that I would have never used in a million years (ok, maybe not that long). I received the cab as a gift but didn't know what to do with it. It's too cutesy for my taste and I'm not a big fan of holiday specific beading; they always get hidden away until the next year. But this little ceramic face just begged to be used and the ideas flowed easily from the minute I picked it up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

I love it! I'm also drowning in Christmas cheer since I've been ornament making for 3 weeks now, lol. I just need to "sew-up" the rest of my challenge and post it = )

10:42 AM

 
Blogger TeAntae said...

I look forward to seeing your creation. =)

As for ornaments, I was thinking about trying my hand at a few for gifts. I have the "balls", just need to take the time to make them. lol

8:16 PM

 
Blogger redthread said...

I love it! This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

As for me, I've finished up September with a round of surgery, so I'm sorry if I haven't been very present on the blog front. That said, I kind of ran with the idea of kitsch all month long and it's really transformed my work hugely. I'll post pics later on today.

Also the October theme will be out, unless anyone has a plum idea they want to throw out first?

8:36 AM

 
Blogger sammy said...

I love this piece that you are doing!

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

wow, it turned up great!!

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! OH MY you are SOOO talented with those beads! How do you have the patience? WOW!
xoxo,
Kristin

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home