you can play along at home - beaded challenges for you to follow

Friday, October 06, 2006

September Bead-A-Long

Oops. Yeah, right. It helps to actually post when I've finished a project.

Initially, I thought September's challenge would be a cinch since I like to go through my beads now and then and make use of some of those fuglies that have been hiding out in dark corners. It serves as a dual purpose to both avoid waste and to give me an excuse to buy more beads. I did struggle more than I thought, mostly because I realized that, well, sure, I can use any ole beads you want, but would I actually make use of what I created or just toss it in some closet, box, or bin to be ignored there, instead?

My first try was a perfect example. Part of my idea for this challenge was using materials I wouldn't normally use and specifically bringing out the beauty of the materials. (Read: making something I would use/wear.) This first one is getting much use, but I sort of cheated by making it for my daughter. Let's face it... what looks absolutely adorable on a five-year-old may look absolutely hideous on a thirty-two-year-old. Still, here's my "take one" - a simple "floating" necklace made with plastic beads:

(For a larger version, go here.)

Later in the month, I stumbled across some sort of funky (*cough* junky?) glass beads I've been sitting on for awhile. I'd always thought them just a little too funky for my own tastes, especially in that they came in a rainbow of fruity colors. Leaves should not be fruity. Ever. I considered giving them to my daughter, then realized, well, duh, I don't have to use all of the colors. I can just pick out the few I like and play with those. Coupled with some fire polished beads and some seed beads, I have a new favorite necklace that I really do enjoy and especially fits the season:

(Larger pics here and here.)

11 Comments:

Blogger redthread said...

very pretty, and I think that the first looks reasonably adult, too!

I like the backstory as much as the jewelry, good work!

10:08 PM

 
Blogger Mandi said...

Yes the story really adds to the pieces. I think you did a beautiful job, and now I really want a fall necklace too!

8:06 AM

 
Blogger AnJaka said...

Hey Liberty, Happy merry christmas.
see you soon, Liberty

10:12 AM

 
Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

wow, you do some beautiful work!!
I am also in sassy art bead face pin swap but i never got her addy to send the faces to..so i am wondering if you have her addy..i can email you my phone number to be sure that i am not some stalker weirdo...anyway, please delete the comment after you send...thanks a million!!
xoxo~

9:42 AM

 
Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

wow, you do some beautiful work!!
I am also in sassy art bead face pin swap but i never got her addy to send the faces to..so i am wondering if you have her addy..i can email you my phone number to be sure that i am not some stalker weirdo...anyway, please delete the comment after you send...thanks a million!!
xoxo~

9:42 AM

 
Blogger  said...

World Of Warcraft gold for cheap
wow power leveling,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow power leveling,
wow power leveling,
world of warcraft power leveling,
world of warcraft power leveling
wow power leveling,
cheap wow gold,
cheap wow gold,
buy wow gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
world of warcraft gold,
wow gold,
world of warcraft gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold
buy cheap World Of Warcraft gold k3v6r7yb

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Dongdong Weng said...

air max 95
true religion jeans
kate spade handbags
retro 11
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
kate spade outlet
prada uk
air max 95
michael kors
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
chanel outlet online
coach outlet online
louis vuitton uk
replica rolex watches
prada
cheap jordans
fitflops
coach outlet online
coach outlet
marc jacobs outlet
burberry outlet online
20150610yuanyuan

8:04 PM

 
Blogger dong dong said...

201578dongdong
louis vuitton outlet
jordan 11
coach outlet
jordan shoes
christian louboutin
abercrombie
ralph lauren sale
coach factory outlet
air jordan 13
michael kors outlet
jordan concords
michael kors outlet online
marc jacobs handbags
hollister clothing
jrodan retro
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban uk
michael kors outlet online sale
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
jordan 11
louis vuitton
kobe shoes
coach outlet store online
burberry outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sungalsses
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet stores
gucci outlet
michael kors
christian louboutin
ralph lauren
coach outlet online
ray ban sunglasses

8:34 PM

 
Blogger John said...

ugg clearance
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses
air max 95
ugg boots sale
louis vuitton outlet
cheap ugg boots
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap oakley sunglasses
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
uggs outlet
coach factory outlet
kd shoes
oakley sunglasses
lebron 12
michael kors uk
uggs clearance sale outlet
coach outlet store online
jordans for sale
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet online
hollister uk
the north face jackets
the north face
nike air huarache
jordan retro
pandora jewelry
ray ban outlet
20151203yuanyuan

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Nike Free said...

Nike Kobe 9
Kobe Shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin sale
cheap jordan shoes
jordans 2016
jordan releases
Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
coach outlet online
coach outlet store online
Michael Kors Cheap
Michael Kors Store
Michael Kors Discount
michael kors
michael kors sale
michael kors tote
michael kors bags
michael kors handbags
michael kors uk
Michael Kors Outlet Online Store
air jordan
cheap jordans
kd 7
lebron 12
nike air max 1
nike air max 2016
nike free 5.0
nike free trainer 5.0
christian louboutin men
red sole shoes
Buy mbt shoes online
mbt outlet
fitflops sale

10:32 PM

 
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160423
nike air huarache
coach factory outlet
kids lebron shoes
celine handbags
gucci handbags
air force 1
cheap jordans
toms shoes
toms shoes
ray ban outlet
nike outlet store
polo ralph lauren
michael kors handbags
cheap jordan shoes
burberry bags
jordan 3
fitflops shoes
nike trainers
louboutin
authentic louis vuitton handbags
designer handbags
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
air jordans
christian louboutin shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
burberry scarf
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
air jordan 13
oakley sunglasses outlet
kobe 11
air max 90
kobe 10
michael kors outlet
coach outlet clearance
coach factory outlet
hollister clothing
michael kors handbags
true religion jeans
as

2:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home